Job Title: Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor (HS2 - RC)
Location: Buckinghamshire / Northamptonshire
Sector: HS2, RC, Reinforced Concrete, Green Tunnels, Precast Concrete Assembly
Type: Permanent role
Start: Q2 / Q3 2021
Salary: Circa £30,000 to £40,000 Per Annum + Package
** (Base salary can be negotiated on level/relevant experience)
Our client, a large Civil Engineering contractor, is currently recruiting an Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor, for their HS2 team, to help commercial deliver Green Tunnel packages on the HS2 scheme. The works are being carried out in the central section of HS2 (Northamptonshire / Buckinghamshire) and include the preparation and pouring of reinforced concrete slabs (RC), the assembly of precast concrete tunnel segments and the re-use of excavated material (cut-and-cover).
The role would suit an experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyor, who has a strong background in heavy civil engineering (with strong RC / Reinforced Concrete experience), who is interested in working on the HS2 scheme over the coming years. This position will provide the opportunity to join a growing team, getting onboard with the works from inception, providing input into processes and procedures, to ensure work is delivered effectively and safely.
Daily duties will include but are not limited to:
- Working as a site-based Assistant Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor, reporting into a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Commercial Manager.
- Day-to-day monitoring and recording of works on-site, ensuring all quantities and works are recorded, measured and correctly reported in accordance with the contract. (NEC Option A & C).
- Collating and submitting all measurements and records to the Senior Quantity Surveyor.
- Notifying the Senior Quantity Surveyor of any issues related to cost or programme.
- Co-ordinating with the wider delivery team members as required.
- Helping to maintain company HSQE standards.
- Continually reviewing the delivery of works, identifying risk vs opportunity.
- Participating in progress meetings with the company's commercial team and the client
Candidates will ideally have:
- Circa 5 years' commercial experience within the construction sector, ideally having previously delivered RC / reinforced concrete works (RC slabs, insitu concrete and precast concrete works etc).
- A relevant formal qualification in Quantity Surveying (or working towards) (preferred, not essential)
- Experience of working with multidisciplinary civil engineering construction teams.
- Experience of commercial subcontract management.
- A strong working knowledge of NEC contracts, including NEC options A and C.
- Good awareness of contractual obligations.
- Good communication, presentation and organisational skills
For more information or to apply for this role, please apply for the role online initially, or connect with Tim Smyth at Anderselite, via LinkedIn.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.