Are you an Assistant Quantity Surveyor with experience working on Heritage projects? Here at Anderselite, we are recruiting on behalf of a reputable main contractor within the commercial fit out, education, healthcare and heritage sectors.
Our client has asked us to identify an Assistant Quantity Surveyor who understands the sub-contract procurement process and commercial management. The ideal candidate would have previously worked on School / Education projects and be able to manage costs to ensure the company and client are fully informed of the commercial situation.
• Assisting and reporting to the Commercial Manager with the day-to-day quantity surveying duties on current construction projects.
• Assisting with the review of monthly contractor applications for payment. Producing and agreeing monthly valuations with contractors.
• Agreeing variations within the change control system for items raised during the construction process.
• Compiling cost and contractor progress reports on projects.
• Assisting with any commercial dispute resolution should they occur including extensions of time, non-completion.
• Assistance with future Project Costing and Finance controls for new projects within the Group.
• Preparing client information as directed by the Head of the Commercial.
• Support the Commercial Department with any ad hoc administration including periodic attendance at meetings with new and existing Clients and other departments in the Group.
The successful candidate will have:
• Degree in Quantity Surveying or equivalent.
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience working as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor.
• Training for or certification in RICS/MRICS would be ideal.
• Experience working on projects with circa £5-10m+ in value.
• Previous experience working on School / Education projects is desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Sadek directly or click Apply Now and submit your CV.