Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Spec House builder - Residential / Housing projects - 5* house builder - Manchester based office & projects
Location: All sites are based in the North West
A national house builder with a fantastic reputation seek a Residential Assistant Quantity Surveyor to work on multiple unit traditional build large development projects across the North Area region. The office is based in Manchester the sites are in the North West area also. This is an amazing opportunity for an assistant Quantity Surveyor to join this award winning, national house builder who is after the opportunity to work on some challenging projects. A multi award winning developer with over 65 years' experience. They have a fantastic reputation as a responsible and professional developer.
* You will be working alongside more Senior Quantity Surveyors and the Commercial Manager.
* Taking off quantities from drawings and producing BoQ for tendering,
* Production of comparison spreadsheets upon receipt of quotations,
* Preparation of Sub-Contract Orders for Senior Q.S. checking and sign off,
Receive initial tender information and assist the QS in the preparation and updating of procurement schedules and programmes.
* Work with the QS to populate an initial RFI list and a Risks and Opportunities Schedule
* Work with the QS to agree selection of suitable Subcontractors for works packages. Approve the competency of Subcontractors for inclusion on the Subcontractor's Approved List. Maintain and reviews the Approved List of Subcontractors in accordance with the Departmental procedures.
* Prepare and issue Subcontract package enquiries and produce a schedule showing current Status of each enquiry. Also, as required produce Schedule and Take Off's of quantities. (understanding of drawn information is essential)
* Liaise with Supply Chain (Subcontractors) to ensure tenders/bids are received on time or record if they have declined to tender
* Assist the QS in the preparation of tender evaluations, A6 forms for approval / signing by authorised signatory
* Work with the QS to produce subcontract orders and issue drawn and specification information with order
* Throughout the project issue updated drawings and specification changes to Subcontractors
* Organise and Attend (and Chair as appropriate) Subcontract prestart meetings ensuring attendance from H&S and Construction
* Ensure all necessary RAMS are received from each Subcontractor and pass them to H&S and Site for approval. Also produce schedule and update regularly and issue to relevant parties.
* Assist the QS in the preparation and monitoring of subcontract documentation and warranties for eventual engrossment by parties to the contract.
* Attend design team meetings and development meetings as well as main contract and pre-start subcontract package review meetings.
* Assist the QS in the preparation and agreement of initial preliminaries costings with Construction Director and monitor expenditure against Budget
* Assist the QS in the Preparation of Production Forecast cash flow and monitor on monthly basis as well as producing client cashflows for every project.
* Assist the QS in the preparation of documents for the basis of valuation with Client's Agent (e.g. Stage Payment Schedule, Tick Off sheet's etc.).
* Assist the QS in the preparation of contract interim and final accounts including any variations with Housing Associations.
* Assist the QS in the agreement of subcontractor interim and final accounts including and variations.
* Work with the QS to ensure all Final Accounts are settled in full and agreed by no later than 3 months after job completion
* Assist the QS in the preparation of monthly cost to completes (CTC's), Cost Value summaries and other financial information including the Development Appraisal (DA).
* When requested by the QS liaise with contract buyer on material purchasing costs and incorporates in contract financial reports.
* Assist the QS in the preparation of notices and applications for Client / Agent for Extension of Time claims.
The successful Assistant Quantity Surveying candidate will:
* Have previous experience working for a House Builder or Main Contractor on Residential developments is preferable
* Have a strong knowledge of the residential sector
* Live within the North West area
* Hold a full driving licence
* Possess excellent communication skills
* Hold or be studying towards a relevant qualification in the field
* Have a demonstrable passion for construction
Salary and Benefits
£25,000 - £35,000
Pension plus contributions
Holidays plus bank holidays
How to apply for this Assistant Quantity Surveyor role:
If you are interested in this Quantity Surveyor position then please apply via LinkedIn alternatively you can send an up to date CV or call me on 07980 006 436 if you have any questions
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.