We are currently working with a leading UK Facilities Service provider, to recruit an Assistant Commercial Manager to join the expanding Commercial team due to the increasing need for contract level commercial support with new and complex projects into the East London portfolio. The role will be home based and so living within close proximity is not required
The role will report directly to the Commercial Manager and be responsible for managing specific commercial and project lead activities to support business as usual functions and critical contract commercial activities. The role is highly diverse and offers experience in a wide range of business skills and disciplines including exposure and interaction with various teams and levels of senior management within the FM business.
For the right person there will be the opportunity to take on more responsibility and progress within the commercial team and wider organisation.
This role offers the opportunity to develop a host new skills and knowledge of commercial management. It is an excellent launching pad for anyone who aspires to develop a greater knowledge and understanding of wider business activities and pursue a career that is diverse, strategically focused and integral to supporting success of the wider business.
Examples of the type of activities the Assistant Commercial Manager role may entail are as follows:
- Maintain the project work and variation trackers and take responsibility for compiling all relevant documentation and maintaining the project document management system.
- Be responsible for the daily communications with sub-contractors and project managers to inform project status updates and identify potential issues in real time. This activity will support weekly commercial update meetings and monthly billing and financial forecast activities.
- Manage the Commercial team activity tracker and ensure the various contract registers (such as variation, risk & opportunity, commercial claims and contract notification registers) are accurate, up to date and any required actions are identified and completed in a timely manner.
- Provide business as usual support to the Commercial Manager such as chasing updates, gathering information and requesting reports from the operations team to enable commercial reviews, analysis and support on issues as they arise.
- Provide administrative assistance on commercial actions from the monthly contract review and payment application meetings and support the production of formal responses to the client.
- Identify, record and escalate new issues, risks and opportunities to the Commercial Manager.
- Support historic reviews into project works and contract variations to ensure all records and registers are up to date.
Preferred requirements for the candidate:
- Operational FM experience in both Soft & Hard FM services
- Co-ordinating projects
- Producing Reports
- Maintaining records and filling systems
- Experience of working in a public sector environment
- Knowledge of FM related legislation and technical guidance such as SFG20
- Experience of reading and interpreting contracts
- Knowledge and/or experience of CAFM systems
- IT Skills
- Good communication skills - both written and verbal
- Strong administration and coordination skills
- Manage and follow processes
- Competent in note taking and identifying key actions
- Enjoys a challenge
- Ability to approach problems and consider potential solutions
- To have a flexible and adaptable approach to working
- Ability to deal with many priorities at one time and ensure delivery
- Build and maintain good working relationships with colleagues, customers and managers
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.