Apprentice/Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Build projects (Commercial, Industrial, Retail projects) Manchester based office
Please find the below details for my latest role.
Apprentice/Assistant Quantity Surveyor - Manchester based office - Northwest based projects
Key focus of the Role:
Assisting with the management and control of financial matters for live site projects and from time to time tendering for new projects. This will Include the procurement and management of materials and plant suppliers along with subcontractors and labour only operatives. Assisting with the cost control of projects, including project variations, production of applications for payment / invoicing and final account resolutions.
Typical projects - new build, refurbishment and extension projects
Ideally working through your Quantity Degree, or Apprenticeship, or recently qualified with a construction background, and looking for training and progression within a forward thinking company.
Other responsibilities include:
· Assisting with subcontract and materials ordering/procurement including payments and payless notices.
· Assisting with estimating services providing detailed measures, including Bill of Quantities production and take offs
· Assisting with the preparation of sub-contract packages on projects in a timely manner protecting the company's contractual position
· Involvement with measurements, valuations, and agreement of work sections
· Assisting with the submission of accurate and timely payment applications, and chasing payment certificates and outstanding payments
· Identify areas of overspend, waste and commercial risk, and assist on the preparation of monthly financial reports including accurate internal cost reporting, in addition to producing final accounts, and extension of time claims
· Working closely with the Site team, and liaise for resources of labour plant and materials
· Preparation and completion of purchase orders
· Completion and updating of internal project documents
· Meet clients and attend site meetings to review and discuss work carried out
· Liaising with clients for specification & design queries where required
· Assisting with the production of supply chain analysis for new orders
· Completing site remeasures with site manager, QS and or supply chain
· Assisting with producing cost reports via completion of early stages with analysis of cost (s) movement
· Attend and involvement with supply chain pre-start meetings
With good communication skills and able to work to deadlines, you will be organised and methodical in your approach to working in accordance with the Company Policies. Good IT skills (Microsoft Office) with a logical approach to problem solving, you will also be a friendly and approachable team player.
A driving licence would be an advantage
My client provides company laptops and mobile phones, this client offers 29 days holiday (21 days plus bank holidays), company pension scheme, as well as opportunities for further training and development and a competitive salary which will be dependent on experience.
Please email to apply
Or phone for more information 07980 006 436
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.